Rath Yatra, is also called as the Car Festival. This festival is celebrated massively among the Hindus. This festival is connected to the Lord Jagannath. Rath Yatra is normally held atÂ Orissa, in a state called Puri. As a part of the Rath Yatra, the different idols of God Puri Jagannath, Subhadra and Lord Balabhadra are taken outside for a procession.Â This festival is more famous and celebrated often in Northern India.
Bahuda Yatra is often referred as the return journey of Puri Jagannath Rath Yatra.
About Rath Yatra:
- It is being celebrated for almost 9 days.
- This festival is celebrated during the months of June and July.
- Often called as the chariot festival.
- On this festive occasion, wooden idols of Krishna, Subhadra and Balrama are taken out for a procession in three different chariots to their temples for about a week.
- The construction of the huge carts often begins during Marchâ€“April time frame.
- This annual celebration of Car Festival depicts Sri Krishna’s travel from the Gokul to the Mathura.
- The chariot holds nine deities as Gobardhan, Naravan, Narayan, Varaha, Hanuman, Gopi Krishna, Krushna, Rama, Rudra and Trivikrama.
It’s time to decorate your desktop background with HD wallpapers of Rath Yatra from below gallery. Download latest and up to date Rath Yatra photos and pictures of 2014 year:
HTML Code to Share on FB, Orkut, Hi5 etc
BB Code to Share