Ooty – Famous Tourist Spot of India
Ooty is a popular hill station and tourist spot of India located in southern part. Ooty is also known as Udhagamandalam but it’s widely known as simply Ooty.Â Â ItÂ comes under Nilgiris district of Tamil Nadu.Â Rose Garden, Ooty Lake, Botanical Gardens and Gold Course are few popular tourist spot in Ooty.
Hill Station Name: Ooty
District: The Nilgiris
State: Tamil Nadu
Language: English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam
Literacy Rate: 80%
STD C0de: +91Â 423
- Ooty is also known as Udhagai or Udhagamandalam
- A Hill station situated in The Nilgiris district of Tamil NaduÂ state
- Queen of Hill station and consider as one of the most popular Hill station in South India
- Ooty is located at 80 km distance North to Coimbatore
- This place has an average elevation of 2240 meter
- The Pin code of this place is 643001 and the std code or telephone code is 91423
- The climate in Ooty is pleasant throughout the year and that’s why it is one of the popular tourist attraction in India.
- Many tourist visited Ooty every year to spend their good holidays.
- The population of this place is near to 01 lac.
- The literacy rate in Ooty is 80% out of which 84% maleÂ and 75% female are literate
- In Ooty, the facilities of transportation are available by Bus and Train. It does not have Civilian Airport
Places to visit:
Ooty Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake, Stone House, Toda huts, Tribal Museum and many Religious spots
Near By tourist attraction: Upper Bhavani, Emerald Lake, Niddle Hill View Point, Mukurthi National Park, Kamaraj Sagar Dam, Pine forest, Pykara river and many more
Latest collection of Ooty wallpapers waiting to download for your desktop. Decorate your desktop background with Ooty photos and pictures from below gallery:
HTML Code to Share on FB, Orkut, Hi5 etc
BB Code to Share