TRADITIONAL FESTIVAL – MAKAR SANKRANTI
Makar Sankranti is celebrated in India each year on 14th January. This is a festival of transition of God Sun into the well known Makara â€“ rashi. This is a traditional seasonal festival.
About Makar Sankranti:
- Celebrated in: Â Almost in all states of India mainly with other names.
- Popular Event: Kite flying, melas or fairs.
- Reasons of celebration: Â agricultural climate, cultural background according to location.
- Other popular names: Pongal, Lohri, Uttarayan, khichdi, etc.
- Other countries: Nepal, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar and in Cambodia too people celebrate this festival.
Kumbh mela and other melas like magh mela, Gangasagar mela and etc are the attraction of this day.
- In southern India Makar Sankranti is a four day celebration.
- According to Hindi Calendar from this day a new financial year starts.
- Khichdi, til, tilkut etc are some important dish of this day.
- People believe that this is a festival of Harvest.
Decorate your PC withÂ Makar Sankranti 2014 wallpapers – share below greetings and photos with quotes onÂ Makar Sankranti Â Â Â Â inÂ differentÂ languages from Hindi, English, Marathi etc.
HTML Code to Share on FB, Orkut, Hi5 etc
BB Code to Share