Mahashivratri the great Hindu festival is celebrated in almost all parts of country in India. This night is supposed to be the night of Lord Shiva which falls in the month of Maagha as per Hindi Calendar.
- Celebrated for: Lord Shiva
- Date: Usually in between February or March – 27Â February 2014Â (on Thursday)
- Rituals: Worship of Lord Shiva Lingam with fasting.
- Famous Shivratri Fair: International fair of Mandi conducted by Himachal Pradesh.
- Popular Tale: Story of emperor Chitrabhanu.
National and International fair is the center of attraction for Mahashivratri. The popular twelve Jyotirligums are scared holy place of Lord Shiva.
- This day is one of the favorite days of Lord Shiva as mentioned in holy books.
- Goddess Parvati is the spouse of Lord Shiva and Kartikyen and Ganesha are their two sons.
- Nandi the bull is his mount.
- Sahasrakalasabishekam is a popular 10 day puja of Lord Shiva.
Om Namah Shivaya – wish friends and relatives with latestÂ Mahashivratri wallpapers from below available Gallery. Decorate desktop with Lord Shiva, Mata Parvati and Ganesha pictures from below photos:
HTML Code to Share on FB, Orkut, Hi5 etc
BB Code to Share