Kali Puja is also known as Shyama Puja which is one of the famous festival forÂ Bengali.Â Kali puja was started in Bengal (one of the state of India) in 18th century. Kali puja is now one of the biggest fesitval after Durga puja.
Facts of Kali PujaÂ
- Maa Kali is also a form of Maa Durga, it is believed that Maa Kali took Â ferocious form to kill danav /Â demon.
- Kali puja is celebrated just before 1 day of Diwali festival. Kali puja usually done at mid night.
- The main observance on that day is Worship of Kali, Fire-works, Prasad and some traditional things like somewhere traditional dance etc
- Maa Kali is the representation of SHAKTI / STRENGTH.
- It was believed that Maa Kali killed the the two Demons named Shumha and Nishumbha who had disturbed the peaceful life of Swarga lok or mainly Lord Indra
- Famous Kali Mata temples â€“ Dakshineswar temple, Kalighat temple, Tarapith, Kamkhya temple etc
- Â Kali Puja will fall on 3rd November 2013 .
Religion Celebrates: Hindu Religion â€“ mainly by Bengali people.
Dedicated to: Hindu Goddess Maa Kali
Celebrated on: According to Hindu Panchanga, it is celebrated every year on New Moon day of month Ashwin
Celebrations way: Fire Crackers, Lighting, Rangoli, Worship etc
Download 2013 Kali Puja wallpaper from below gallery:
HTML Code to Share on FB, Orkut, Hi5 etc
BB Code to Share
Leave Your Comments: