The India Gate is located in Delhi, India. Â India Gate is the national statue of India. Â India Gate is also resembled in the memories of approx 90,000 Indian soldiers who died during World War I to support British solider without that British solider would never even think to win the war.
Original Name: All India War Memorial
Completed in: 1931
- The Original and full name of The India Gate is All India War Memorial
- Duke of Connaught laid the foundation of India Gate on February 10th, 1921
- Â It was built in the year 1931 and was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
- It is the National Monument of India and it’s height is is 42 meter.
- India Gate is situated at the eastern end of Rajpath in Central Delhi
- Ttal of 10 years of time taken to complete this Monuments
- One amazing facts of this Monument is that the walls have the name of the soldiers who died in the war
- Every year the parade of Republic day of India is celebrated here.
- The India Gate is sourraneded with beautiful green garden.
- There is an Ever Burning Amar Jawan JyotiÂ inside the India Gate House that keeps flaming 24 hours a day and 365 days a week.
- India Gate also bears the rememberance of Arcde Triomphe in Paris
Download latest India Gate Wallpapers in HD from below picture Gallery. All photos of India Gate are available from 1024 to 2560 pixel:
HTML Code to Share on FB, Orkut, Hi5 etc
BB Code to Share